Monday 25 August 2008

Travelog the Second

Today is tomorrow, happy today, tomorrowpeople!

Yesterday was fun. We went to building designed by Gaudi, inside there was an apartment filled with furniture he designed or something, I don't know, my audio-guide thingamy wasn't working, so I couldn't tell what was going on. It reminded me of being dragged around stately homes as a child, and having my parents and English Heritage frantically trying to convince me that period-piece furniture and fittings constituted something I should be interested in.

But then! We got up into the loft and then onto the roof, which were great. The roof is made up of a huge bulbous undulating shape, that is supported on a system of interior pillars and held up with hundreds of arches. The loft is one big room that covers the entirety of the upper level, thus allowing air to circulate and keep everyone nice and cool. The roof was even greater. There were about a dozen funky chimneys and stuff was tiled and it was cool and awesome. I have some pretty good pictures of me and Sarah on that roof, I'll endeavour to upload them at some point.

We made our own dinner in the hostel kitchen, it was a jillion percent cheaper than eating out), well, probably about thirty percent actually), and was also pretty tasty. To wash it down we drank Bacardi. Everyone around us envied us for our Bacardi-bibations.

That night, we tried to go to this club, but we were late. So then we wandered around town. We found another club that was lame and terrible, yet, acceptable to our needs. People in the club were smoking while dancing, at first I found that annoying, and then I found it intolerable, (I managed to skim my hand over someone's lit cigarette which was painful, and then there was this gay Chinese guy who kept gyrating around us blowing smoke everywhere. But meh, it was something to do.

We left there at 5am, and got the last bus home. Barcelona, by the way, is really good for night buses, the services are essentially 24-hour, which, really, all bus services should be.

I don't know where Cassy and Sarah are. I slept in this morning and tried to contact them, but I'm getting no responses. Maybe they killed each other?

2 comments:

aiusepsi said...

We can only hope.

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your thoughts and attitude, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Murk