Tuesday 27 May 2008

I should really start dressing more normal-styled...

Today I am wearing red and black-striped spandexxy jeans and a Rastafarian hat. I have very little idea why. The hat is old school, I bought it in France years ago, but the jeans are new. I bought them at the Camden Town market, 'wow,' I thought, those look really cool and attention-grabbing, so I bought them, and its only now, once I'm walking around in them, that I remember how rarely it is that I actually enjoy looking attention-grabby. And I could probably also tell you an identical story for almost every other piece of clothing I own. So perhaps the moral of this story is think before you shop? I don't know, feel free to learn that moral if you want, 'cos I almost certainly won't.

I also bought a pair of red Converse All Stars. Just 'cos I felt it was expected of me...

I was watching 'Election' last night, which wasn't lost/stolen by Reuben as I had believed it was, rather, it was at the bottom of a huge DVD pile somewhere in Solihull. So perhaps I owe Rooby McStealtheft an apology, then again, maybe I don't, seeing as he also has my copy of 'Withnail and I' - which his is no doubt mistreating! Probably sexually as well. The other day... he sent me one of the DVD's toes in the post, with a note made out of cut-out magazine letters saying that there were nine more where that came from if I tried anything funny like calling the police... He's a bad egg, that'n.

Anyway, where was I? Yes, 'Election'. Hillary Clinton is just like Reese Witherspoon's character. And that's why I don't like her. I've managed to put my finger on that intangible reason why Clinton rubs me the wrong way. Its because Alexander Payne brainwashed me.

Later on today, I'm going to go to the Iranian Embassy. I wonder whether it'll be nice... I wonder whether they will ask me to make a token offering of earth and water (oh yeah, '300' references, that's where I'm bringing this!).

Best of luck in all your endeavours,
Tom.

EDIT: The Iranian Embassy was nice. Everyone was very well-dressed.

4 comments:

Roo said...

Hey assmunch, where's my Sims2 Disks? Oh yeah, you lent it to chris mcearforafacemcnotreturningroosgames.


YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Parma Violet said...

Renée Zelwegger (sp? stupid name anyway) is in Election?? Where!?

TheNineDollarBlog said...

:$

oh dear. it appears that i typed out renee zelwegger instead of reese witherspoon...

*is an idiot*

*edits the blog*

Anonymous said...

I LOVE REESE. I HATE RENEE. I AM REALLY WARM AND SWEATY. yummmm...